We all want the same thing for our beloved pets - for them to be healthy and happy. Many times, however, it can be tough to keep your pet at their best state. When your pet suffers from a disorder or disease that's entirely out of your control, it can be painful and heartbreaking to handle the situation. CBD can help!
Although not all veterinarians have jumped on the bandwagon for CBD yet, more and more research emerges and continues to indicate that CBD is an excellent support for numerous ailments, diseases, and disorders for animals.
In this article, we break down five reasons why CBD is beneficial for your pet:
It Relieves Pain
The cannabinoids in CBD oil have been shown to work well for pain. In fact, scientists are now considering it as a new class of drugs to treat chronic pain. Studies show CBD to be highly effective in reducing the effects of:
- Pain (including neuropathy and nerve-related pain)
- Intestinal inflammation (associated with irritable bowel disease)
- Inflammation in acute pancreatitis
- General inflammation
- The impact of inflammation on oxidative stress (which causes degeneration and premature aging in animals)
It Reduces Anxiety
Does your dog suffer from noise phobias or separation anxiety? CBD oil has been widely recognized for its effect on anxiety & stress. In humans alone, research shows it can:
- Be effective for panic disorders and post-traumatic stress disorders
- Reduce anxiety in both healthy people and people with anxiety disorders
- Reduce anxiety caused by public speaking
It Can Support the Fight Against Cancer
Research has shown that CBD oil and other substances in cannabis and hemp have an anti-tumor effect for animals. This has been shown to increase tumor cell death and discourage cancer cells from growing.
CBD oil has been shown to:
- Help increase the efficacy of conventional cancer treatment in animals
- Inhibit cancer cells by blocking their ability to produce energy
- Strengthen your natural immune system‘s ability to fight cancer cells
- Have anti-tumor properties that may slow and inhibit glioma cell growth
It Can Treat Seizures And Epilepsy
CBD oil for pets can help manage seizures and decrease their frequency. While this can be a huge help for your pet - it's an even bigger relief for you as a devoted pet parent. With the help of CBD, you won’t feel the need to monitor your dog all the time, in case a seizure hits at a wrong time. When your pet is healthy and happy, you experience greater peace of mind!
It Can Help With Aggressive Behaviors
Your pet may exhibit aggressive behaviors due to a range of underlying factors. Whether they have a chemical imbalance in their brains, a sensitivity to certain sounds or movements, or suffered abuse in the past - aggressive behavior is unfortunately a common issue with some pets.
CBD can contribute to significantly minimizing the stress disorders and consequent aggressive behaviors that your pet endures. With the help of CBD oil, you can help subdue many of the negative patterns you have noticed in your pet!